Friday, March 25, 2022

WELCOMING WINDOW


Designer's Series Paper In Good Taste
There is a clear window sheet (aka transparency) sandwiched in between the DSP and the Smokey Slate layer. The window is cut from all three layers before adhering the DSP/Smokey Slate layers. The window frame simply lays on top of the window sheet. On the inside of the card, the window is also cut from the yellow Patterned Play DSP and another frame is inserted after the DSP is adhered. The flowers were stamped using the Stamparatus,  and I used reverse stamping for the inner image to show through the window. 
 

Image from In the Moment stamp set colored with various Stampin' Blends

Welcoming window and the coordinating dies are on the retirement list! This was at the top of my list when the new catalog came out last year. A little story behind that though.

When I first started card making, a friend of mine had been stamping for a long time and was encouraging me along the way. She let me borrow a purple stamp set (yes, the rubber was purple and not red) that had a beautiful, yet whimsical, window and various other images to go with it. Back then, the Stampin' Up! hostess sets were purple; she earned it from having a card making workshop at her home well before I came on the scene. I enjoyed using that set so much that I stamped many images to use at a later date. You see, when I first started, I borrowed a lot of sets for "day use." I had the idea that spending $25 a month for my own stamping supplies was CRAY-CRAY. I am pretty sure the Lord is getting a good laugh about that right now. Ever since then, I have had an affinity towards window images, but I do not remember a stand alone set with window images until the current catalog came out.  I have seen other demonstrators do gorgeous work with this set using vellum, other DSP, and coordinating images. I'm sure you can check out Pinterest to see a plethora of ideas. 

Look how sweet the window is! 

 Of course my image is a little crooked and not quite centered, but you get the general idea. I think this was around 2007 or maybe 2008. The ribbon and card stock were not Stampin' Up! products; I didn't let myself afford such then. I think I had a couple of Color Box ink pads and some watercolor pencils. But... I love the card just the same; it denotes one of my "jumping off points" or should I say, "Jumping INTO points." 

I have to say that just because a stamp set is retired, doesn't mean it isn't still worth using. SU! products are so well manufactured that they are timeless. IIIFFFFFF I owned this older window set, you better believe I would still use it. If I knew the name of it, I bet I could buy it on EBay for a GAGILLION dollars. 





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...