Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Chicken Box and SUO 268 challenge

 

I have been waiting to use the Sending Hearts Add-on boxes that were offered as part of the January Paper Pumpkin subscription. They are really small, about 2x3 inches and will hold just the right about of conversation hearts for my granddaughter! I'll of course make a couple more for my grandsons, although they will NOT be pink. 
The Stampin' Up! Only (SUO) challenge # 268 is all about Tags, Boxes, & Bags. I am loving the new (old) chicken stamps and dies. I usually pair them up with real red or poppy parade, but this called for a more feminine color....hot pink.....or as we in our STAMPIN' UP! world like to call it Magenta Madness. That name always reminds me of an episode of Andy Griffith (everything reminds me of an episode for some reason) in which  Ellie, the lady druggist, sprays Andy with Midnight Madness perfume in Ellie Saves a Female from 1961. One of favorites for certain! 
I colored the image with Stampin' Write markers since I had embossed it with Shimmer Black embossing powder. I used Wink of Stella on her plumage. The chicken wire is cut from silver foil and a small die in the Chick Dies. I used an adhesive sheet on the back of the foil prior to die cutting. For a whimsey look, I purposefully place it a little crooked on the black card stock. The chicken is outlined on the inside with a balmy blue marker to highlight the "white". The feet  are colored with Mango and the beak is with Pumpkin Pie.
The tiny little Resin Hearts from the Mini catalog 2021 are perfect for small projects like this; I colored 3 white ones with a Magenta Madness blends marker and placed them strategically. I popped the chicken and the sign up on dimensionals. The Magenta ribbon is only 1/4" width so it fit great on this tiny box. 
Thank you for looking ! 

PS. The grandsons little Valentine box.


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love your chicken box Sally and the glittery glamorous chicken is so cute your granddaughter is going to love it. Thanks for taking part in the SUO challenge hope to see you next time x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and clever little box - I love seeing the chickens out to play! What a perfect little treat for your granddaughter! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that hot pink sparkling plumage. It just makes me smile. Thanks for playing with us at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's adorable! I love how the shimmer EP and Wink of Stella make your chick extra fancy :) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for the next challenge starting soon!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...