Friday, February 21, 2020

French Countryside


Image Close up

This stamp set is from the Spring 2020 Mini catalog, entitled French Countryside. As far as demonstrator use from around my circle of interests, it hasn't received much love. Of course since antique country is sort of my theme in life, I just love it!


This is one of those sets that is very detailed and quite frankly can be a challenge to color. I embossed the image since my initial idea was to use watercolor. I canned that idea after a few experimental tries. I found using the Stampin' Write markers within the image worked much better; the colors were more vibrant and a lot less messy. The images are so pretty even without coloring! I almost left it naked, but I wanted to redeem myself from the debacle of watercoloring mess I had already made, so I persevered. I used Pool Party blends around the outer aspect of the image to give it some depth and a Crumb Cake Blend to dot in some details. I die cut it with the largest Stitched Shapes oval. While it was still in the die, I used Smokey Slate on a sponge to apply a little more color around the image. I used the Layering Oval die set to layer the image on Basic Black. The sentiments are from the Power of Hope stamp set.

This set also does not get much use around the hierarchy of You Tube popular demonstrators. I think it has potential to be very versatile and I look forward to using it more in the future. It is bundled with the Stone 3D embossing folder which is stunning all unto itself. The Ornate Label dies have several stitched images that would fit the sentiment, but I chose the smaller for the outer sentiment.

I turned again to the Golden Honey DSP from our Sale-a-bration rewards to set the scene. To hide the seam, I used a retired punch called the Scalloped Border punch💖, but there are many in the Annual Catalog that would work well too, such as the decorative ribbon punch or even some of the linear dies, like one from the Stitched Layer set or the Budding Blooms dies. It still needed a little something-something....sparkle! I used the Glittered Organdy Ribbon to add a little POP. In true Sally form, I had a smudge on the sentiment, so I used rhinestones as the "fix all" cover up.

Thank you for coming in to my site to look. As the sentiment says, "Today is the day for new beginnings." There is a hymn I love called "This is a day of new beginnings, time to remember and move on." When I saw that sentiment in the Power of Hope set, I couldn't help but start singing the beloved hymn. I am really glad I wasn't on You Tube Live! Check the song out here in this link.  Lyrics for "This is a day" As Briscoe Darling says to Andy, "Got time to breathe, got time for music."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...