Tuesday, March 29, 2022

AN EASTER MESSAGE

The tiny little direction arrow is from Give it a Whirl dies. The brad is white but I colored it with a dark Gray Granite Blends. There is just an 1/8" difference in the layers. The black is 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". I used the middle three Diorama dies . 

The vellum with the sentiment (using Staz On ) is sandwiched in between the second layer and the third (black ). The second layer is sponged with Gray Granite ink rather heavily. The sunburst is on the card from using the brightest yellow ink in I could find...Pineapple Punch. The black layer is applied using Dimensionals.




 This card conveys the TRUE Easter message...the empty tomb.....where the rubber meets the road so to speak. My goal was a card as simple as the Easter message is. I really wanted to use all Stampin' Up! products, but I knew in my heart exactly what I wanted it to say, so I ventured into my "oldies, but goodies." 

I  found a set from Papertrey Ink designed and illustrated by the wonderfully talented Marcella Hawley (who is actually a friend of a friend.) The stamp set is called He Is Risen. I received it as a gift from my friend years ago. The sunburst on the inside of the "tomb" is also from a Papertrey Ink oldie called Nativity Silhouettes, also a gift (Thank you Katie!). The simple lettering on the front of the card uses a set from Lawn Fawn called Milo's ABCs, a very simple lettering style just the right size (a little fiddly to use though.) I purchased this set many years ago to participate in an online card class from Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire (Icons on the world of paper crafting!) The butterflies are from a Catherine Pooler set called Butterfly Notes. Catherine was an avid Stampin' Up! demo who was so successful and creative that she later ventured out to start her own company (which is a huge success)...good for her!

There is a retired set from Stampin' Up! that I later ran across in my stash called His Grace which would be perfect for this message, but I discovered it too late for these cards above. I've just redone the card however and used SU! products (but mostly retired.)

I used a set called His Grace, a retired set form many years ago for the greeting; I used a die called Sunburst Thinlits for the inside under the vellum on the card front. of course the embellishments are Pebbles Enamel shapes, which are current!

I used the alpha set Make
A Difference


I love that this set has John 3:16 included. 


Below is a link to a song called Beyond The Cross performed by the Booth Brothers. It says it all!

Check it out!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...