Wednesday, April 12, 2023

SUOC # 324 Color challenge Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, and Calypso Coral

 

Playing in the Rain suite

I discovered a wonderful SU! demonstrator  named Carol Buckalew from inkybeestampers who did a great PDF /blog hop showing this design.. She also used the Playing in the Rain suite. I have used this design with this suite for several cards, but I was stuck in the blues and gray motif with the DSP. When I saw the Stampin' Up! only challenge using these colors, I wanted to give it a go using this design and suite. It turned out to be my favorite. 

I also used the Cane Weave 3D embossing folder. The bridge is three layers of Cardstock to give it a little nature, if you will. I use two under layers of Evening Evergreen and the top layer of soft Succulent. For the embellishments and the sentiment I turned to my February Paper Pumpkin kit which I have really enjoyed using with this suite.  

The back of the card has another piece of Pale Papaya embossed with the Cane Weave 3D folder to have some continuity and flow. I also tried another card using a window sheet behind the inner panel so I could place some clouds above and behind the fox....don't try it. It didn't work well at all. 

4 comments:

  1. super cute!! Love the fun fold! I like the way you've got the embossed pieces on the two sides--really nice touch! thanks for sharing at SUOC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing, Sally! I generally steer far, far away from fun folds because they scare me, but I love how your card looks so I might have to get brave and try it myself. Fantastic job with the challenge colors, not a blue in sight but still looks great with the critters playing in the rain! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, I love this stunning and amazing fun fold that you shared with us. I'm so happy you could join us for our Color Challenge at SUOChallenges.com and hope that you join us tomorrow for our new challenge featuring the retiring In Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. The bridge is amazing and my favorite part. I am definitely going to have to try this fun fold.

    ReplyDelete

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...