Tuesday, January 26, 2021

SUOC # 267 and The new Sweet Strawberry bundle

I am in love with this Designer's Series Paper from the 2021 Sale-a-bration, Berry Delightful! It comes with its own stamp set about Berries, but I wanted to use my new Sweet Strawberry stamp set. So here goes: I chose my DSP, I chose my stamp set, I chose my color way, and I knew I would do the strawberry punched from the new punch that is included in the Strawberry bundle as my focal point .....but the layout escaped me. I hit a brick wall! Let me take a minute to add a side note. I recently had an accident that required stitches, seeing stars,  and a trip to the dentist. I fell UP my back door concrete steps and  the third step came up and kissed me just above my upper lip and below my nose. The brick wall I had encountered with my crafting was likened to that accident. No stitches but I was dizzy just the same. I needed some MOJO big time.....some wintertime MOJO that involved fresh strawberries. Not easy. I grabbed an old winter magazine...a copy of TAKE TEN magazine from the shelf in which I had a couple of cards published back in the winter of 2013.  I turned to the layout challenge for inspiration. AAHHHH....Being a pack rat proved to be beneficial this time! 





The SUOC 267 challenge is to make a card about LOVE. You would think that would be easy for an old gal like me, but the problem is, I am an old gal and remembering what that word actually depicts , was difficult ! My best effort was......chocolate. Now I actually prefer chips, crackers (Cheez-its to be exact), and nuts more so than chocolate, but doing a LOVE card with Cheez-its was even more daunting....so chocolate it is. I wanted stay with the strawberry theme and layout....I mean....after all, the supplies were before me, so why not? I did incorporate some of the items from the January Paper Pumpkin kit (also on my desk), namely one of the card fronts as the DSP layer and the pink enamel hearts as embellishments. 

Thank you for looking; please leave me comment!


 
The Strawberry Card:
Daffodil Delight Card Base -5 1/2 " x 8 1/2", score and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White (WW) - 5 3/8 x 4 1/8"
DSP - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8 "

Small Squares:                                                                          Circle focal point:
Daffodil Delight 1 1/4 "                                                             Poppy Parade - Circle dies - 4th smallest           
Whisper White - Stitched Shapes smallest square                                                                   scalloped
DSP 7/8 "                                                                                   WW - 2nd smallest stitched circle
                                                                                                    DSP - 3rd smallest circle
Middle Panel:
WW - 1 1/2" x 3 7/8                                                                 Sentiment: Stitched So Sweetly dies
Green DSP - 1 3/8 " x 3 7/8

Strawberry: Stamped with Poppy Parade, outlined with real Red. I used a yellow gel pen for the indentions, and a coat of Wink of Stella
Stem and leaves: Outline is Garden Green and inside is Granny Apple Green

Chocolate Strawberry Card:
Early Espresso Card Base - 5 1/2 " x 8 1/2", score and folded at 4 1/4"
WW - 5 3/8 " x 4 1/8 "
DSP - 5 1/4"x 4 " 

Chocolate Squares:
Poppy Parade - 1 1/2 "
Blushing Bride - 1 3/8"
Soft Suede - 1 1/4, scored at 1/4" and  1", shaded with Early Espresso ink and blending brushes

Circles and focal point: Same as above . Chocolate on strawberry is freehand cut for the top from Soft Suede, sponged with Early Espresso, then punched with the strawberry punch so the bottom will match the strawberry. It is coated with Crystal Effects (a thick coat), then after drying, colored with dark Soft Suede Blends. 

Middle Panel: 
WW - 1 1/2" x 3 7/8
Blushing Bride- 1 1/2 " x 3 7/8 ", die cut with Floral Heart Border die on each end

Sentiment: 
I used a foam adhesive sheet with a WW scrap. I sponged it Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso, then die cut the sentiment from the Love You More Than dies.  








Product List

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo Sally hope you're feeling better after your accident that must have been so painful. Love the layout of your cards and I especially love how you've created the chocolate part on your strawberry very clever. Thankyou for taking part in the SUO challenge hope to see you on the next one x take care Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...