Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives meet Scrappy Strip techniques

 

Don't want to do 8 Paper Pumpkin cards from one card kit and design? Use the products with some of your other goodies in your arsenal to make fun alternative projects. I make it a point to do a few alternatives from my kit every month. I CASE (copy and share everything) a lot of them and every now and then, I'll do something of my own. The point is, "Waste not, want not," and "think outside the box" and also "stretch your supplies" or maybe even " have a brain baby.".....whatever the case may be (no pun intended) , have fun!
This month's Paper Pumpkin kit is so versatile (as they all are)! I don't have much reason to make a lot of "lovey dovey" stuff anymore, but they are fun (and pretty) to spend time on.  I needed a little more color than just the Poppy Parade print and the Petal Pink print so I looked around and found a few left over Calypso Coral strips from last months PP kit . I decided to use just what I had to pull together a couple of PP Alternative projects. This technique is so much fun, and "like a box of (Valentine) chocolates, " you never know what you're going to get. 

I didn't want two cards made the same, so I decided to "whack up" my already finished scrappy strip panel number 2 and make another card, loving referred to as the "scrappy scrappy technique." 
Both of these techniques are of course not my own brain's baby. They come from Kylie and Bruno Bertucci in Australia. Check out their blog and You Tube channel for details and instructions on the "how to" accomplish these techniques. https://www.kyliebertucci.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...