Saturday, January 30, 2021

Always in my heart bundle: Positively and negatively Speaking

From the Always in my Heart Bundle. I won the Stamp set at On Stage so all I had to do was to add the Floral Heart dies, and the rest is history....and the future. I'm not a "Valentine" giver so to speak, but I really think this set has year-round goodness. It works for friendship cards of encouragement, Wedding cards, Sympathy cards, even birthday cards. I wanted to use the Ombre 6x6 paper pack from Sale-a-bration some more....it is quite awesome I have say. I paired the Blackberry Bliss Ombre DSP with a Blushing Bride base, Whisper white, Blackberry Bliss card stock, and Soft Seafoam for the heart. I also used Rich Razzelberry scraps to cut some the flowers from for a little more contrast. Before I took the banner out of the die, I sponged some Rich Razzelberry over the inner portion of the whisper white for yet a little more contrast. It needed a little more something something so I embossed the Ombre layer with the Painted Texture embossing folder. Now, word to the wise, I advise not using liquid glue with or on the Ombre DSP. I did and it made several little discolored places after it dried...that of course is the reason for the added hearts and rhinestones. Lesson learned. 

I used the negative space in the Soft Seafoam (of which is way yonder high on my list of "loves") to embed another heart cutout of Blackberry Bliss with a layer of whisper White underneath. This time I used the adhesive sheets of which worked like a charm! Believe it or not this card has several layers, but works like a flat, simple card to mail....no dimensionals...very unlike me. It need a little more color, so I added the photo corners (retired punch from way back) and the Opal jewels, a fast growing new favorite of mine. To make photo corners without a punch, cut a small rectangle from Stitched so Sweetly dies layered with a smaller inner stitched rectangle die and whack the corners off after you die cut them on the SCAEM, aka the new Big Shot. 

I wish I had the time to do these cards again using all the colors in the Ombre DSP....I may try to take that opportunity soon. You might as well make two cards as make one when you cut out the heart die! Just sayin'! 

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...