Saturday, April 11, 2020

ONLINE CARD CLASS homework

I am participating in an Online Card class from Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. I have done many of these classes through them over the years and I have to say, they are all wonderful. The teach  techniques, color usage, layouts, you name it, and they have covered it..

Kristina holds a special place in my heart. She was the very first person I watched online doing card videos. I believe it was her holiday card series....probably the fist one she ever did. I always looked forward to her Make it Monday video!

Todays lesson was faux embossing; the technique was so cool, but it is was not easy for me. You chose a stamp image and heat emboss it numerous times creating a very thick layer of plastic embossing on the card stock. You use that as an embossing tool on another piece of card stock via the Big Shot. After that, you lightly ink over it so the image will pop off the page. The image is subtle, but in real life, it is impressive.

Feeling a little nostalgic, I pulled out one of the background stamps from the first class I participated in; a large Hero Arts Fabric design. I also used Ultra thick clear embossing powder. I chose Stampin' Up! card stock and ink in Soft Sea Foam and the subtles paper. The sentiment is cut from copper foil using the Well Said dies from a layer of craft foam to raise it up. .


You now have the embossed piece you can use for another card after applying ink to it with an embossed resist technique. The dimension produced by the layers of embossing is amazing; I don't think the camera picked it up well though. I wanted both of these cards to be simple in design and let the techniques speak for themselves. 





1 comment:

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...