Saturday, April 18, 2020

Alcohol Inks

I'm sure I am not alone when I say I'M TIRED OF SOCIAL DISTANCING! Now don't get me wrong; I usually like my alone time, and actually look forward to it most of the time. It gives me time to knit, try different art techniques, practice my piano, organize storage areas, etc. BUT, social distancing means, I can't play with my grandchildren....my all time favorite thing to do. I miss them; I get tearful when I think about it too much. 

SO today, I am playing with yet more art techniques. I have unleashed my stash of dies and alcohol inks. Playing with alcohol ink does take a measure of preparation that ordinary card making doesn't require. You have to work in a well ventilated area, i.e. an nearby opened window. I cover my work desk with a layer of Press-n-Seal (one of the greatest inventions known to man....right behind fire and the wheel) for protection. Gloves are a must unless you want days of blue, purple, and pink nails and finger tips. You need special paper/canvas to work on. I use Yupo canvas which is nothing more than plastic "paper." You also need 91% alcohol to help move the colors on the canvas. 

During this time of COVID-19, several of the above items are a rare commodity, such as gloves and alcohol. I have a good bit on hand from previous playtimes so I felt like I could spare some. It was a beautiful day here in Moreland, GA today so opening the window was a pleasure. 

I had absolutely no plans of cards when I started; I was interested in color blending and watching the colors move around . After the canvases dried, I had to trim them to be able to use them on A2 card bases. This hurt my feelings a little since each piece was so interesting and somewhat time consuming. In other words,  I messed with each one well beyond what I should have. 


Stampin' Up! older items used. Mini treat bag dies and Swirly Scribbles
Technique is from Bruno Bertucci "Scrappy Strip" 

Sentiment is a retired SU! Lovely Words Thinlit
Faux Shaker card

I'm sorry I do not know the company to credit this die  to. I have had it for years. I always like to pop it up with a layer of foam and splash it with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents


I was hoping to do an ombré effect from Royal blue to Navy on the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...