Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I got Sunshine

I got Sunshine!


Well hello and happy new week! In Moreland Georgia we are TIRED of rain and ready for some spring sunshine. 

Today's card is inspired by the Pleased as Punch new Designers Series Paper (DSP). The colors are the super star of this paper selection. There are 12 colors used besides white and black! 

I was also inspired by this months Paper Pumpkin sentiments which were printed words with a foam backing all over the back of the word and they are complete with adhesive already on them. To mimic that, I used some craft foam and some Sizzix adhesive sheets....BOOM... worked like a charm! I used Gorgeous Grape card stock adhered to the foam and cut out the word SUNSHINE from the retired Sunshine Wishes dies. You could substitute any sentiment stamped on a banner or die cut , especially any sentiment from the new Under My Umbrella in the 2020 Spring Mini catalog. I chose to use part of a sentiment from the Honey Bee stamp set , stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink to go over the umbrella; the semicircular shape was perfect for that. 

The DSP is of course two-sided and color coordinates perfectly. I had already cut my entire package of paper to 5.25 x 4 inches (#loveitchopit) so all I had to do is to add one additional cut at 2.25 inches horizontally and flip the paper over. I die cut sun rays using the retired Sunburst thinlits from the Perennial Essence Vellum pack in So Saffron; I only needed a small part of the die so it was trimmed to fit. To hide the seam, I used some Shimmer Laser cut paper (border strip from the pack) and color it with a Pool Party Blend marker. I layered the panel on a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inch pice of Pool Party card stock and mounted the entire piece on a 4 1/4 x 11 thick whisper white card sock, scored at 5 1/2. 

The inside of the card was also aired with another piece of Pool Party card stock and a whisper white panel insert ; a remnant of the DSP was adhered to the inside for an accent. For a little bling, sequins from the Metallic Sequin set from Sale-a-bration were adhered using mini glue dots. 

Product list 
Whisper White Crd stock, both plain and thick  - 100730 / 140272
Pool Party Crd stock - 122924
Gorgeous Grape Crd stock - 146987
Shimmer laser cut paper - 149611
Perennial Essence Vellum - 149101
Pleased as Punch DSP ( Coordination Product flyer) - 153558
Honey Bee Stamp Set - 151527
Metallic sequins - 152314
Mini Glue dots - 103683
Momento Tuxedo Black ink - 132708
Multipurpose glue adhesive - 141825

Suggested items: 
Under my Umbrella- 151518




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...