Saturday, February 29, 2020

Oh Honey!


Oh Honey! 



Being a tried and true Georgia Tech fan, I couldn't wait to play with this set! It is called Honey Bee from th 2020 Spring Mini catalog. There are dies that can be purchased also. The star of the show however is the beautiful Designer Series Paper that goes with the set! Amazing! 

The layout I chose was actually a cased project from Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights Tutorial www.kyliebertucci.com, submitted by Rachel Tessman https://stampyourartout.com. The shaker element uses gold Tulle I happened to have on hand along with some various sequins in my stash. I stamped the bee hive in VersaMark and embossed it using Shimmer White embossing powder. I used a bit of gold foil paper with the dies to make the hexagons to apply to the front of the card. I finished it off with he black and silver organdy ribbon. This ribbon is sort of hard to tie into a bow though. I used white seam binding ribbon, died with my black blends marker; I splattered some gold paint on the bow to tie in more of the gold. For the bee, I needed just the right gold, so I pulled out the Delicata gold refill and added a tiny bit of water to it and painted it on with a small brush. I ended up with a blob of gold dribbled on the wing, so I purposely splattered more so it wouldn't look so random. The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder to make it POP. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...