Saturday, February 29, 2020

In memory of Amanda

In Memory of Amanda

At Amanda's funeral service the church was adorned with absolutely huge gorgeous hydrangeas. The pastor who spoke was a really good friend of Amanda's and she mentioned many times Amanda's love of the beautiful blue and purple flowers. I wanted to do cards for her family, but I  had a hard time finding just the right simple stamp set to use. I did several other cards from various sets, including Thoughtful Branches with watercolor and sent them to each of her children. This one, however, was the most simple but truly the most appropriate. I ask my SU! community's forgiveness upfront because this is a retired set from MANY years ago called The Best of Flowers. The dies used were a special gift to me from my good friend Katie; they are an intricate set called Marianne Squares. I couldn't use the dies much prior to getting my Gemini cutting machine; it cuts and embosses the paper like a dream with this set. I cut 2 of the largest squares and scored the back piece about an inch and a half from the top, used Tear-n-tape to secure the two squares together to form a shaped card. The Balmy Blue and Black card stock really helped this image pop. I used blends to color the image. I included some Highland Heather, Purple Posey, Seaside Spray, Old Olive and even some Granny Apple green to compliment the Balmy Blue. Our Moreland community will miss Amanda and I think each one of us will think of her when we see those pretty blue flowers begin to bloom this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...