Sunday, May 16, 2021

Gilded Gold Leafing on a detailed die

 


The designers series paper is the hero on this card....Expressions in Ink from Stampin' Up! If you look back in my blog post, you will see some alcohol ink backgrounds that I made on Yupo paper from Tim Holtz alcohol inks. It is a wonderful medium to work with, and it can be quite addictive.....but time consuming. After constructing a alcohol background page, there was only a small area of the piece that I would consider usable for a card. When  I saw that Stampin' Up! had regular paper that looked better than anything I could create, I was very excited! So many possibilities are ahead with this gorgeous DSP. I have say it is heartbreaking to put adhesive on any side of it!
I used so many fun elements on this card! The butterfly is from the Butterfly Brilliance bundle. To apply the golden flakes to the detailed die, Put the adhesive sheet on the card stock, and place you die on the adhesive sheet instead of on the card stock itself. When you remove the adhesive "backing" you are left with a sticky butterfly ready to receive the gold flakes...Viola'! So much fun and beauty....and gold all over the place. The sentiment strip is from the Many Messages die; the phrase is from Inspired Thoughts; I love the simplistic font. The gems are Genial gems. I pulled out the gems with the green ones in mind, then I tried the gold ones and boom, that was it. The gold edges on the sentiment strip are a technique I have used for many years, thanks to my friend Katie for showing me that trick. Of course like most things, the marker is available from Amazon. 

Uchida of America 350-CGLD DecoColor Premium 3 Way Chisel Point Pen, Gold



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...