Saturday, February 13, 2021

Having a Little Gelli Play!

 Oh ya'll, I could play with his thing all day. A GELLI plate. There are so many who are truly experts at this type of media, and I can assure you, that I am not one of them. I do love playing with it though. You can make so many backgrounds, accent strips, focal images, you name it. 

I used cheap acrylic paint with my old rubber brayer,  a 6x6 Gelli plate, and some stencils from my ignored stash. I followed a tutorial from Barbara Gray with Clarity Stamps called It's All Vine Now. Barbara is a delight to listen to; she is funny, talented, and most of all a caring, encouraging teacher. Her accent alone is a wonder to this southern speaking woman.  

 This image involved 4 layers of paints and 2 stencils. I tried to follow her instructions as closely as I could, but mine didn't turn out as nice as hers of course. I still like it though, probably because it was so much fun.  I was in a quandary about how to transfer it into a card though. I wanted to keep it a square, so I reached for my Layered square dies. I used the large scalloped die as my jumping off point and layered on Very Vanilla and a basic black card 4 3/4" square base. The color way was a little difficult to pull out since I didn't use Stampin' Up colors as my base in the print. I actually tried to mix reindeers with SU! white re-inker but it was too watery to use, so I stayed with the acrylics as suggested. I decided to stick with a neutral pallet.

The print looked rather organic, so I pulled the Rooted in Nature stamp set and dies as well as Field Journal (I had not used this set yet) for my sentiment. The sentiment strip is cut from a duo punch Lovely Labels. In my spare stash I found some twine that wrapped around 3 times (no bow this time). With basic black as my card base, I used the basic black matt gems from the 2021 mini catalog (love those!). 

I used Simply Succulent for the inside message. In true Sally form, I had a fingerprint on the Vanilla card on the side, so I used that " opportunity" to use another stamp from Rooted in Nature to hide it. 
If you have a chance, pick up a Gelli plate from Amazon or one of the local craft stores. You will love it!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...