Thursday, January 7, 2021

Slim Line card and Paper Pumpkin alternative

 

How cute is this little guy? He is a stamp from the December Paper Pumpkin that I colored with a combination of Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, and Flirty Flamingo blends. I fussy cut the image and cut a slit behind his arm so I could tuck the bouquet of flowers. The flowers are also a stamp from the kit. I stamped the image with Early Espresso ink, Soft Seafoam,and Calypso Coral markers and roughly cut out the image. I adhered them with a glue dot after tucking them in. There is precut image of the bear and the flowers that came in the kit, but I had already used them on other projects. 
The DSP is from Garden Lane, a favorite from the 2019-2020 catalog. I used the Quite Curvy stamp set for the sentiment and the coordinating dies to make the hillsides. The clouds stamped in Balmy Blue and are from another past Paper Pumpkin kit. I keep the Paper Pumpkin stamp sets in one case; I keep that on my desk so if I need a sentiment or image in a hurry, I can go there first rather than get up and go all the way over to my book shelves and look through the other stamp sets. (sounds LAZY but it works for me.) When I receive my Paper Pumpkin kit, I use the enclosed in color and stamp every image from the set onto an index card, label it accordingly,  and place it into a small file case. I keep the case in my desk drawer. If I need an image or sentiment, I look through the file and find the year and month stamp set....VIOLA....


I store the left over products in a large plastic file envelope sorted by dates. When I see the stamp set, I immediately know what the projects were and decide if I want to use any of the other left over goodies.

I had to start a new file for the 2021 sets I will receive. The spiral index cards worked very well, but I wanted something that I didn't have to fiddle with dodging the spiral part.  

The gems are the Elegant Faceted gems. The color worked well with the bear.
The slimline card base is Early Espresso ( 7" x 7", Scored at 3 1/2 inches, folded in half); the layer is Soft Seafoam measuring 6 3/4 x 3 1/4". I didn't have an envelope to fit so I had to use the envelope Punch Board. I used a piece of  9"X9" Crumb Cake.  

I encourage you, whether or not you are a beginner stamper or even an avid stamper to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin. You will not regret it. The projects in the kit are only a small portion of the possibilities the kits can offer for a long time to come. 

Left over cards that I made during the year, I sorted and gave a mixture of cards as Christmas gift  to family and friends for them to use through the coming year. 
Check out the link on the right for more information and how to subscribe. 
Thank you and God Bless You!



2 comments:

  1. Lol, Sally, I like the way you think! I'm always seeing the alternative in the shapes we get - but not this one! Now I can't UN-see it! Great card design as well! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...