Thursday, January 7, 2021

A few tips and tricks

1).  Have you ever said, "I wish the baby paper cutter was wider so I can cut paper 5 1/2 inches or 14.9 cm."

Make your own extender to help accomplish that. 

Measure 4 3/8 inches from the right paper edge and mark the point of the edge of the cutter (4 3/8" or 11.1 cm). Next make a mark on the paper measuring 5 1/4 (14.4 cm) another at 5 1/2 inches or 14.9 cm.

You can place the cutter on top of the cutter even with the edge of the cutter. I laminated the paper and I keep it with my cutter on my desk at all times. 





2) "I wish my paper trimmer didn't catch every time I lower the arm. I want it to open easily from the arm center like the other trimmer did. "

     If you look at the top and bottom of the trimmer, you will see a small plastic raised bubble of plastic the same color as the trimmer. That is what is catching the clear plastic arm at the top and bottom. The purpose of them is to prevent the trimmer arm from flopping open when you travel with it or move it off your desk. I seldom ever move the trimmer from my desk top nor do I ever travel with it. I got a course emory board and easily filed the little bubble down on both the top and the bottom. It now never catches and I can easily open and close the clear arm. If I see that I will be traveling with one, I will purchase another trimmer; they are only about $25 dollars and would be well worth having one that opens easily for frequent use and one that latches closed for traveling. 






3) "My Big Shot plates and/or my Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine plates warp after a few uses"
 
     On new plates (#3 plates) mark each corner with a letter; I used A, B, C, D.  A and C on the front and B and D on the back. Label both the top plate and the bottom plate the same. Match the letter A in the top left corner when you make your sandwich and do you cut. Before you cut again, flip the plates so B is in the top left corner. Next time, flip them again and match C in the left upper corner, and then again for your next cut using D. 







4) "The cutting card stock or DSP for fun folds, I cannot always see the measurements on the clear plastic arm to drop my cutting blade accurately."

     Cut a 1/4 inch piece of computer paper and glue it with glue dots or glue into the right most grove on the underside.




5) " I cut a lot of Cardstock or DSP at either 5 1/2" 4 1/4" or 5 1/4" x 4""

      With two colors of Sharpie, premark the trimmer to those measurements at the top or the bottom. 
The Sharpie can easily be erased with an alcohol pad if you need to. Mine have been marked ever since I purchased my trimmer. 

I hope these tips will help you enjoy your crafting experience more!!

        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...