Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Embellished, colorized OLD Cartoons

 What can I say? I am a sucker for something that makes me laugh. These cartoons are soooo old. (my bit of nostalgia for today) I'm very sorry, but  have no idea which authors/artists to give credit to. They have literally been up in my office for years. And even then, I think someone else gave them to me in black and white, straight off the copy machine. When I retired, I just couldn't let myself throw the yellowed pieces of paper away....they are that funny! They hung on my refrigerator for months, then my fridge died a quick, but not so painless death (for me.) I couldn't hang those old tattered pieces of paper on this brand new beautiful (and very hard to get....yep, a story there) appliance! I decided to give them a face lift. I took them to the Stampin' desk, added some pretty DSP, uncapped some Stampin' blends, grabbed a stamp set and a ruler, and...... VIOLA'! I used one of my favorite stamp sets for the background of the dog picture, My Meadow. Look at the close up of the big dog's fur...how did I do that? Use you blends to color, then put some alcohol or colorless blender solution (I used Copic Colorless blender refill) on a small area of an ordinary wash cloth (we call them wash rags down here) and dab the dog. ..that's all, you just dab the dog. 







To make the "subway" tiles, use a ruler and make horizontal lines, then made vertical lines alternately on rows. 



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...