Monday, July 25, 2022

What a Wonderful Wonderful World... per Art Garfunkle

 I can't tell you how much I love the Designer's Series Paper (DSP) called Wonderful World from Stampin' Up's Sale-a-bration. I very seldom, and by that I mean never, use a whole pack of paper, but I almost have!   The DSP is connected to a stamp set in a bundle, so I can't get more without getting another stamp set to go with it.....but that's OK.....I can always gift the extra  stamp set. The stamp set has a variety of flower images which are Distinctive....meaning they have a unique self-layering property that enhances the beauty of the image. This images are best stamped with an ink pad which is not "sloppy" wet or else stamped in a second generation (stamped off once, then stamp the image on your project). 

This time, I chose to highlight the DSP and not use a stamped image from the bundle. The flower image was simply cut out of the DSP with my layering Circle dies. The sentiment is taken from the July 2022 Paper Pumpkin stamp set. I had it on my desk and the sentiment spoke to me. I keep the PP stamps in a case on my desk at the ready for use if I have a stamp set which does not contain a sentiment. 


The side panel uses is a twisted ribbon technique (thanks to Lisa Cursio; watch the technique here)

In a nut shell, this is how the twisted ribbon technique works. Cut about 8 one half inch by 2 1/2 inch strips in a contrasting color and from the patterned paper you want on the front. On a piece of Basic white (2 x 5 1/2 inches) mark every half inch with a small tic mark alone BOTH sides, THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT (not front and back). Start with the contrasting color or the color you want to be underneath, and start with the 1/2" strip in the top left corner and go diagonal to the first tic mark (using the top of the 1/2" piece). Work your way down the basic white diagonally with the underneath color. Trim off any excess from the backside. Turn the paper around and start the same process with the patterned paper strips; trim the excess from the back. 

I layered the panel on a 2 1/8 piece of Soft Seafoam and backed with dimensionals. The Blackberry Bliss card front was embossed with the Brick and Mortar folder, and I lightly sponged it with white craft ink to highlight the brick design.The sentiment was stamped on a 1/4 inch strip of Basic White previously cut from the retired (but wonderful!) Many Messages die. The Brushed Brass Butterflies were just small enough to add a little bling but not a distraction from the technique. 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...