Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Scrappy Strip technique

The inspiration for this card multifaceted: my sweet daughter-in-law who is a nurse at the hospital, day 15 of the Spring Card class (ink smooshing) , retiring In Colors from Stampin' Up!, Kylie Bertucci's scrappy strip challenge, a card from my Stampin' Up! upline and friend, and the approaching National School Nurse Day and Nurses' Week. WOW! 

I wanted to use all current products from Stampin' Uo! but my letter dies are now retired. I'm sorry; they are my only letter dies! I noticed they were brand new....apparently I had not ever used them. I am so thankful I re-discovered them. 

I was able to use the small ink cubes for the colors, except for Blueberry Bushel. On a clear piece of acetate smoosh a small area with each color. Spray the area with water until it beads up. Smoosh the watercolor paper into the color and swoosh around; let dry completely. I guess you could say it is a swooshy smooshing technique! After it dries , wack the paper into wonky strips. On a piece of black card stock cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, glue the strips with a very small section of black showing in between. Once you have those secured and the glue is dry, trim the piece to 4 x 5 1/4. and adhere to another piece of black card stock measuring 4 1/8 x 5 3/8.

Arrange the letter dies and run through the die cutting machine. Adhere the letters back into the panel with foam strips. 
For the smiley face, punch a circle of Daffodil Delight card stock, two black circles from the owl punch, and cut the 2nd smallest stitched label and an 1/8th inch strip with the straight stitch die in the label set. White emboss the word THANK from the Honey Bee stamp set on black card stock. Punch a heart from the Owl punch from a Lovely Lipstick scrap; adhere the heart and the rhinestones.  Adhere the whole panel to a piece of Whisper White card stock, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4. 

Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...