Tuesday, February 11, 2020

GRACE'S GARDEN

I had the opportunity to attend my first On Stage in Atlanta (only about 30 miles from home) in November 2019! What a treat! Numerous great opportunities happened that day: I was in the company of my incredibly talented and hilarious cousin/sister/friend Kathy (@ Kathy Bohannon Creatively Blessed) and our sweet friend Karen, I received many beautiful swap cards and 3D projects, on-site training from the best of the best from SU!, we made fun cards with a room FULL of fellow demonstrators, we were blessed with new stamp sets and product from the Spring Mini Catalog along with a cool backpack filled with fun stuff, I received an additional stamp set as a gift from a total stranger, and we saw many demonstrations and displays of new stamp sets with card examples....and then... there it was.....the Grace's Garden display. It took my breath away!

The other day I watched a You Tube from the marvelous Linda Bedinger using that fabulous stamps set and dies. I thought I would simply perish before I had a chance to get in my craft room to whip out a CASE of her card. Well, truthfully, there was no "whipping" it out.....it took a while to do, but the result was so pleasing!


I took liberty and experimented with a few techniques while I was in the "zone." You know, the zone.....when you are creating and all time and space in your world seems to stop. Some might call it Zen...but to me, Zen is passive; however, the "zone" is far from passive. It is creating in a fury so this 61 year old brain doesn't forget the idea I just had. Admit it, you know it....the "zone."


  Please shop the Stampin' Up website at https://sallymillians.stampinup.net

Special techniques: Emboss with the brick folder using one of the whisper white 4 x 5.25 panels after die cutting the arched opening. Lightly sponge the bricks using a combination of cherry cobbler, cajun craze, and glycerin (one drop each). Apply the Matte glue by dabbing it on with your finger; this gives the bricks a little bit of shine and texture. Let it dry thoroughly. Stamp the sentiment using Staz On; the Stamparatus might be helpful here (I wish I had used it). Cut the gate and arch from white card stock and glue in place. On the other white panel 4 x 5.25 sponge on balmy blue (2 drops of re-inker and 2 drops of glycerin) on the top 2/3 and the same proportion of pear pizazz on the bottom 1/3 of the panel. The glycerin helps the color glide across the paper making the blending flawless. To make the walkway, die cut a "swoop" pattern of Whisper white (or gray granite) using the curved long die from the In the Woods dies; emboss it with the Stone folder. Color with Gray Granite blends brush tip. Add shading as desired. Stamp the sentiment and the flowers on the blue/green panel and color foliage with blends or with Stampin' write markers. Glue on the walkway, trimming the excess. Apply the brick panel to the blue/green panel using dimensionals. Stamp and die cut the other elements and color as desired. I reverse stamped one of the birds, just to get another effect. Layer the panels to Balmy Blue panel and attach to card base. The 3 1/4 x 4. 3/4 white panel and the other Balmy Blue panel are for the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...