Friday, April 3, 2020

So many mediums and so little time (well not really)

The Ornate Garden Suite
Silver embossing powder with Gansai Tambi Gem Watercolor Paints 
I wanted to try Night of Navy and metallics with a go at layers of color painted in. I also used various foil papers and vellum. The Ornate Garden Suite has the most gorgeous dies...2 sets! There are also 2 stamp sets, one with florals and one with sentiments. There is also ribbons, an embossing folder, and unbelievable Designer Series Paper. I used the other items in a previous post, so I want to focus on  the largest floral spray and coloring techniques. 


Gold embossing powder with Intense watercolor pencils

white embossing powder and Distress Oxide watercolor

Copper embossing powder with Distress Oxide Watercolor in monochromatic hues
You ask, How did I get  the purple ribbon? I colored white SU! ribbon with the Highland Heather Blends (alcohol marker)! 

The Copper photo is too dark, and I apologize for that! The day was getting late and I lost my best lighting times. With the Distress Oxide Ink and Intense pencils, it takes patience to apply several layers of the color. But with each layer, the color intensifies and so does the satisfaction! It takes very little water to color any of the images, so the paper did not warp one bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Scented Cards.....who knew????

  WHAT?? Scented cards?? Yes, and it is EASY! I had a workshop this weekend using the Latte Love bundle and DSP. As chance would have it, wh...